Friday, January 06, 2006

Google moving into video

John Batelle has the inside story on Google's move into selling video but unfortunately can't share it yet.

"I'll have more to say on this, but I'll have to be content with taking a "second day" approach to the story. Why? I'm under embargo. I spoke with Google about this stuff earlier in the week, and agreed to not divulge the contents of our conversation until Google lifted its embargo (in this case, it's when Page speaks today). This practice of embargo is fine with me, nearly every tech commpany does it. And I always honor them, though I have a policy of writing about things if they break early, as this news did.

But because our conversation had more details than have hit the press, I'm going to wait to post. It's Friday in any case, and who knows what else might come up?"

No comments: