Monday, October 20, 2008

What will be on ContactPoint children's database?

Terri Dowty has drawn up a list of the various authorities that are going to have to be on the massive ContactPoint children's database if they are providing ‘targeted services’ to the child.

"To save you the trouble of chasing around the different bits of legislation, I’ve brought them all together in a single list. Here goes:

(1) a children’s services authority in England; (which in itself includes social work, educational welfare, learning support etc) or a district council which is not such an authority;

(2) a Strategic Health Authority;

(3) a Special Health Authority, so far as exercising functions in relation to England, designated by order made by the Secretary of State for the purposes of this section;

(4) a Primary Care Trust;

(5) an NHS trust all or most of whose hospitals, establishments and facilities are situated in England;

(6) an NHS foundation trust;

(7) the police authority and chief officer of police for a police area in England;

(8) the British Transport Police Authority, so far as exercising functions in relation to England;

(9) a local probation board for an area in England;

(10) a youth offending team for an area in England;

(11) the governor of a prison or secure training centre in England (or, in the case of a contracted out prison or secure training centre, its director);

(12) any person to the extent that he is providing services under section 114 of the Learning and Skills Act 2000 (c. 21) - ie. anyone providing a service to young people that the Secretary of State believes will “encourage, enable or assist (directly or indirectly) effective participation by young persons in education or training”

(13) the Learning and Skills Council for England;

(14) the governing body of a maintained school in England (within the meaning o f section 175 of the Education Act 2002 (c. 32));

(15) the governing body of an institution in England within the further education sector (within the meaning of that section);

(16) the proprietor of an independent school in England (within the meaning of the Education Act 1996 (c. 56));

** NB (17) a person or body of such other description as the Secretary of State may by regulations specify. ***

(18) a person registered in England for child minding or the provision of day care under Part 10A of the Children Act 1989 (c. 41);

(19) a voluntary organisation exercising functions or engaged in activities in relation to persons to whom arrangements specified in subsection (1) relate;

(20) the Commissioners of Inland Revenue;

(21) a registered social landlord;

(22) The governing body of a special school which is not maintained by a local authority and which has been approved as a special school under section 342 of the Education Act 1996.

(23) The Registrar General for England and Wales

(24) A health care professional regulated by a body mentioned in section 25(3) of the National Health Service Reform and Health Care Professions Act 2002 -, optician, osteopath, chiropractor, pharmacist, chiropodist, physiotherapist, speech therapist, dietician, occupational therapist, art/music/drama therapist, chiropodist

(25) The fire and rescue authority (determined in accordance with Part 1 of the Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004) for any area in England where the local authority (within the meaning in these Regulations) is not the fire and rescue authority for the area.

(26) The Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service."

That's quite a list.

No comments: