Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Blogger has tagged me as a spam blogger

Well, I've found out why I'm having to go through word verification to post.

After 3 years of using Blogger, their new automated spam detecting system has tagged B2fxxx as a spam blog. I've related before how crude software filters at conference centres have prevented me accessing my own digital scribblings here but it's a real disappointment to have effectively the same treatment dished out by my host.

For the Blogger folks reviewing this blog (now that I've found out how to get through after having emails ignored by your automated response system), the xxx was originally going to be a three digit code related to an Open University course I had written. Since the university administrative processes confirming the code associated with the course had not cleared when I originally started the blog, I put it up with xxx in the title and the url.

I'm going to give some serious thought to whether I can continue this blog either with Blogger or under the same name. The irritation of being tagged as a false positive by crude software filters is something I can certainly do without.

No comments: