"Negotiations in the 7th round of the ACTA talks open this morning in Mexico with civil enforcement issues on the agenda. Yesterday I postedon the developments to-date, including a chronology of talks, issues, and leaks that have led to this week's round of discussions...
Of far greater importance are the leaked documents. These have confirmed how the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement is designed to extend far beyond counterfeiting and how it would reshape domestic law in many countries, including Canada. Links to all the leaks are posted below. Note that many are dated and therefore reflect initial thinking but may have changed over the course of recent discussions.
- Confidentiality statement: terms of confidentiality for ACTA documents (U.S.)
- Business Group demands for ACTA
- 2007 Outline Proposal for ACTA
- EU Analysis of the ACTA Internet chapter
- EU Advance Summary of the ACTA Internet chapter
- Canadian non-paper on Institutional arrangements
- Definitions (U.S.)
- Border Measures Chapter (U.S. and Japan)
- Criminal Provisions Chapter (U.S. and Japan)
- Civil Enforcement Chapter (U.S. and Japan)"