Tuesday, September 02, 2008

No more Government Data losses, Promise!

David Evans believes the Home Office when they say there will be no more data loses... honest... well maybe not.

"Anyway, even if there are risks, they must be balanced against the clear benefits. The UK Border Agency has announced that the first ID cards will be issued to Johnny Foreigner as of 25th of November 2008, and they will according to this website provide some stunning benefits:

The Government's national identity scheme gives people for the first time the ability to prove who they are in a secure and convenient way, protecting themselves and their families against identity fraud, crime, illegal immigration, illegal working and terrorism.

Well, I'm sorry but I don't think that's terribly fair. I pay my taxes, and I'm a British Citizen, so why is it that these foreigners are getting their families protected from identity fraud, crime, illegal immigration, illegal working and terrorism before I am? AND it's all being done in a secure and convenient way. I mean, my personal bank can't even let me check the balance in a secure and convenient way, so I want a piece of this stuff!

Sorry, I'm overdoing it again. I've been watching too many Top Gear reruns on Dave and I'm channelling Jeremy Clarkson."

No comments: